JESUS’ COMMAND – “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations” – a church for every ethnic people group (Matthew 28:19).
HIS EXPECTATION – God’s glory and kingdom filling the earth with worship from “every nation, tribe, people and tongue” (Revelation 7:9).
WORLD OUTREACH INTERNATIONAL exists to help facilitate the taking of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to unreached ethnic people groups!
They too deserve an opportunity to hear God’s Good News for the very first time. Best current estimates tell us that there are 6,900 such groups today who have never heard of Jesus, i.e. groups who have their own distinct culture, language, dress, food tastes, etc. Many of them are now absorbed within the political boundaries of more dominant cultures and therefore speak one or two other languages besides their mother tongue.
Some methods of evangelism have seen wonderful and encouraging results, which paves the way for an even greater harvest ahead. For example,
BIBLE TRANSLATION The New Testament has been translated into the mother tongue of more than 87 per cent of the world’s population. However the remaining 13 per cent will require more than 2,000 additional translations.
JESUS FILM There have been approximately 6.5 billion cumulative viewings or hearings of the Jesus Film. It is available online in more than 1,200 languages covering 95 per cent of the world’s population.
CHRISTIAN RADIO It is estimated that Christian radio broadcasts cover at least 91 per cent of the world’s population.
The good news is that evangelical Christianity has grown by more than 300 million believers in the past ten years; however, about 10 million of these are found in developed nations, whereas the rest, i.e. 290 million, are from developing nations found in Africa, Asia and South America.
At the same time more ‘Gospel foot soldiers’ are still required to physically go out from their own culture to take the greatest message the world could ever hear “into regions beyond” – where millions are still locked up in spiritual darkness and bondage. WOI has many trained and dedicated workers ready and willing to go. Your practical partnership in prayer and in giving will not only help sow the seed of the Good News through them but will also help reap a harvest of souls – this year!
World Outreach International
Donations can be made to: World Outreach International and designated Into Regions Beyond. Forward to your nearest WOI office.